Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Bubbl.us

Teachers love to use brainstorming and "mind mapping" in the classroom, and Bubbl.us is a free on-line tool to use to enhance this interaction.  The site allows you to just click and play or register for an account where you can save your "maps".

When I used the site, it took me a little while to figure out how to change the colors and make connectors. If you click, you will get a new "bubble". If you hover over the bubble, you get menu choices for color, connecting and deleting. I kept accidentally changing the text color instead of the bubble color. To connect, you have to actually click on the connect icon and drag directly from there----not from the bubble itself. Once I figured that out, I was good to go (in my defense, it was very early this morning!).

In the end, I decided this was really fun and useful---and more importantly---FREE!
But, go and try it for yourself!

Screen shot of a quick map I made comparing PBL with true 21st Century Technology  Integration.
Don't look at the content---just the Bubbles!

For other great brainstorming web tools, take a look at this great article by Richard Byrne.

No comments:

Post a Comment