Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Lurk and Learn!

Last week someone tweeted out an old blog post from Steven Anderson that I had never seen before, and it was liberating! The post, entitled The Power of the Lurker, expressed what I had believed and shared with my teachers for some time now: it is OK to lurk and learn!

Last year, one of our district technology goals was to get our educators involved in developing a PLN. I created a presentation in which I encouraged everyone to "spy" first. I even gave them a spreadsheet of direct links to chats to get their feet wet before creating a Twitter account.

However, I felt a certain amount of guilt. Was I falling short in getting these teachers fully involved by providing an "easy out"? In the end, I supposed that "those that will, will, and those that won't, won't" be engaged in the social networks that feed this new, fast-paced, ever-changing world of education.
At least they have had a taste and been provided an opportunity..
So, I thank you Steve Anderson!

Below are the slides from my original presentation on getting "SASSY" :


Pictures in these presentation slides are from Phillip Martin.





No comments:

Post a Comment